I have a love/hate relationship with my early morning drives. This week, I woke up at both 4:30am & 6am to get on the road. We’re growing Day Camps, people!
The more I get in my car before the rest of the world is up, the more the scales are tipping to love instead of hate. Here’s why:
- The skies. Yes, I pulled off the road, put my flashers on and got my camera out on a recent drive from Grand Rapids to Detroit. I love that I get to be a participant in the sacredness of sunrise.
- Silence and Solitude. When it’s too early to pull out my cell phone, I get to spend a long morning drive praying and getting centered. And thus, I’m so much better at the day.
- NPR Morning Edition. Love.
- Energy Packets in my water bottle. So much better than coffee.
- My iPod. Thank you, Mumford and Sons, Avett Brothers and Bob Dylan. You allow me to pretend I’m still lying in bed dreaming.